This is a quiet game that will stimulate your child’s vision. One of the games I’m playing with Sean and he likes it a lot. It can be played with your baby at night just before bedtime or to calm him down if he’s being cranky.
What you will need:
What your baby will learn:
- visual exploration
- cause and effect
What to do:
- Turn off the lights and sit on the chair with your baby on your lap.
- Turn on the flashlight and shine it on the ceiling, on the floor and on the wall. Shine it in your hands or in your baby’s feet. Be sure to name the objects as it lights up.
- Move the flashlight around slowly and rest it in some interesting objects like your child’s favorite toy or teddy.
- Continue moving the light around until your baby gets tired of the game.
- Let your baby hold the flashlight if he is old enough to hold it on his own. You can ask him to shine the light on a particular place or object.
NOTE: Be sure not to shine the light in your baby’s eyes.